City Clerk

The City Clerks office is responsible for issuing business licenses, maintaining City records and ordinances and responding to requests for public documents. The clerk serves as the secretary of the city counsel.

Requests for Public Records

The City of Millwood charges 15 cents per page for copies of 8.5″ X 11″ or 8.5″ X 14″ black and white or color pages and the actual cost of reproduction for other documents, plus postage if applicable.  Requests can be made by submitting a request form by mail, fax or email.

Fee Schedules

Utility Service Fees     Water Rates     Sewer Rates     Planning Fees     Building Permit Fees     Utility Billing Policies

Business Licenses

Millwood Business Licenses are required for businesses located in Millwood.  “Business” means any kind of vocation, occupation, profession, trade, enterprise, establishment, industry, or commercial venture which occupies or maintains a location or site within the City for more than fourteen (14) days per calendar year for the purpose of managing, manufacturing, selling, distributing, storing or providing products, goods or service or any other kind of activity that is conducted for profit or pecuniary benefit.

The City has partnered with Washington State Business Licensing Service to provide a more convenient process for obtaining a Millwood Business License.  Click here for the Business License Service’s website.

Pet Licenses

The City of Millwood has contracted with the Spokane County Regional Animal Protection Services (SCRAPS) and has adopted the Spokane County Animal Control ordinance. SCRAPS is located at 6815 E. Trent Ave. Spokane Valley, WA  99212 (509) 477-2532.

Interlocal Agreements